Episode 4 of the Nerds Drinking Podcast
“Mics + Phone Charging = BAD!”
Sponsored by: Memphis Technology Foundation
- FTDI issues a windows driver that bricks ‘fake’ versions of its chips. Which are in millions of devices
- RiteAid drops ApplePay because it’s part of a competitor consortium.
- CurrentC is a long time Walmart Spearheaded campaign for retailers to avoid merchant fees by creating their own payment system. The problem with CurrentC is it solves retailers problem, but it’s clunky and hard for the end user.
- Apple 1 sold at auction for $905,000
- Confusion about the Apple SIM
- Amazon Fire Phone flops, Amazon has $83 million in leftover inventory in phones. Who would have guessed?!
- Amazons shoves it’s app store into their longstanding app
- Google acquires Firebase
- Google Inbox is a fresh start that goes beyond email to help you get back to what matters.
- GeekBlogTV has posted HACKmemphis 2014 Videos for Day One and Day Two
- Memphis Technology Foundation featured in Memphis Daily News, Memphis Flyer, and Memphis Business Journal
- TechCamp Memphis Tickets and Schedule